This course has been designed to demonstrate the safe preparation and storage of vaccines from multi-dose vials.
At the completion of this course, the immunisation provider will be able to:
- Correctly prepare vaccines from multi-dose vials that require reconstitution
- Correctly prepare vaccines from multi-dose vials that do not require reconstitution
- Identify the principles of infection prevention and control required when accessing multi-dose vials
- Identify the importance of labelling and storage of multi-dose vials
- Understand the difference between an expiry date and a use by date